Logging Time Spent Against Tickets, by Assignee

Jared Williams January 4, 2017

I need to be able to choose an assignee and show the tickets they logged time against between certain dates.  I see created date and resolution date, but that's not what I need.  Example, I want to see the Bob logged 40 hours between 12/1 and 12/5 against 3 tickets: 121, 122, 123.  Is there a way to show this?  To go even further, I have a list of 7 assignees I need to pull a compiled report on.  Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2017

Hi Jared!

To query based on time log, you should use the field worklogDate togheter with assignee = "Bob", issuekey in (121, 122), etc.

For example, to get all tickets where users had logged time from Dec, 1st up to Dec, 15th you can use worklogDate >= startOfMonth(-1) and worklogDate <= startOfMonth(-15d) (see this article with the detail of time functions https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-functions-reference-764478342.html#Advancedsearching-functionsreference-endOfMonthendOfMonth())

Regarding a report, there are some plugins, in Cloud I use Time Report for JIRA Cloud.

Regards, Aylin.

Jared Williams January 5, 2017

Thank you Aylin, this works great!  You mentioned for December, so how does startofmonth know which month I want to search the 1 through the 15?

Suggest an answer