Loggers for plugin

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2013
Hi All, I have followed the tutorial to build a listener plugin, but I can not see any logging output from atlassian-jira.log under C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\log directory. I googled but did not find how to make log for my own plugin. Do I need to edit the system log4j.properties file under /WEB-INF/classes/ directory? If so what to write on it? And what is the relationship/difference between this system log4j.properties file and the one I created in the tutorial under my_listener_plugin/src/aps/ directory? Please help, Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

You don't need a separate log4j.properties and you don't need to edit the system log4j.properties. Make sure you use the correct mode (FATAL,..,DEBUG) while logging and change the log level at Administration > System > Logging and Profiling to change loge level at run time. To persist those changes across restarts, you will have to edit system log4j.properties.

Suggest an answer