Logged time on Tasks doesn't discount from the time in the Epic they are linked to?

Jo January 21, 2015

hi,

When I create an epic ( lets say Epic 1 ) and I open in it 5 stories, and in each story various numbers of tasks.. shouldn`t the time allocated to each of these stories be automatically discounted from the time allocated to the epic?

I am sure I am missing something here..

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2015

Hi Jo,

this is the behavior in JIRA. Only the issue that the work is logged on will discount the time logged. The Epic has is own time allocated and it will only discount when you log directly on the Epic.

You can view the total hours logged on the Epic by viewing the Agile Timesheet (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO0711/Agile+Timesheet) and filter it to show the Epic you are interested in. This will display the sum of hours logged on Issues (and subtasks) linked to the Epic.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Susanne

0 votes
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2015

Hi Jo,

In Tempo Planner, the Program Kanban board shows you the estimate on the Epic and aggregation of estimates and actuals on the stories in the Epic. 

If you are looking for a high level overview to plan and track epics then this might be helpful.

Cheers,
Vidar (Tempo) 

Suggest an answer