Log work to have custom field dropdown with predefined values

jmut jmut January 10, 2013

I would like to be able to log work time based on predefined set of categories. For example: research, coding, helping colleagues etc etc.

Currently in time track I only see freestyle description and is not clear how to aggregate time based on that.

Is there way to add such field so I do not have to rely on freestyle textarea description.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2013

There is another way:

• Install Script runner plugin
  • Add an additional transition, let's call it 'Log Work' which appears as a button in the issue
  • Asssociate a screen with that which show just one drop-down which contains all the types of work that you want to handle (e.g. research coding etc.)
  • In the post function of that transition add a scripted post function similar to this one - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/115221/set-worklog-by-script (you need to add additional if/else or switch/case to decide the number of hours based on the drop-down value selected).
0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Not in JIRA, apart from educating people. Tempo may be.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

I meant publish a guideline that you ned to log a particular amount of work as per their activity. Isn't that what you meant?

jmut jmut January 10, 2013

What do you mean by educating people?

jmut jmut January 11, 2013

Yeah well I want to find way to make this through Jira and use all reporting and all with that. Will think of it, wanted to ask if out of the box solution. Thanks Renjith :)

Suggest an answer