Log work during a transition

Bettina Hübner August 31, 2017

Hi,

my question relates to this one.

I want to validate for a transition that some work has been logged for the issue. It works (with JMWE Field is required validator) if the user has already logged work before the transition. If the user hasn't logged work before the transition and logs work in the transition screen, the validator seems not to be able to access this new work log and does not allow to execute the transition.

I also tried to create a simple scripted validator using Scriptrunner but the behaviour is the same (the new worklog entry is not yet available).

Any ideas how to solve this?

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Bettina Hübner August 31, 2017

In the meantime I did find a solution how to check a user logs work in the transition screen using a Simple scripted validator (Scriptrunner Validator):

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue

Map<String,ModifiedValue> modifiedValues = ((MutableIssue)issue).getModifiedFields();

return modifiedValues.containsKey("worklog")

And if you want to check some work has been logged for the issue (during the transiton or already before): 

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.util.UserMessageUtil

Map<String,ModifiedValue> modifiedValues = ((MutableIssue)issue).getModifiedFields()

return modifiedValues.containsKey("worklog") || (issue.timeSpent > 0)

Jira 7.1.2

Great solution! :)

Christof Hurst March 10, 2022

Can be done simply in one line

issue.timeSpent || issue.modifiedFields.containsKey("worklog")

That's groovy style. No imports, no cast nevessary. Even no "return".

0 votes
shivamdu January 16, 2019

Instead we could add "Time spent" as a mandatory field.

Christof Hurst March 10, 2022

Only if no other check is included. For me the timelog is only necessary for some issueTypes.

Suggest an answer