Log's referral number

Akeles
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2015

Anyone knows how we can use the Log's referral number for troubleshooting?
Can't find any writeup on that. Thanks in advance. 

We had some technical problems during your last operation.
We deeply apologize for that :(

Log's referral number: 3823437c-a9bd-4d63-b00a-052614bff636

If you need further assistance, please:

1. Expand the section "Technical details" below
  2. Copy the content from it
  3. Send it with the log's referral number (above) to your JIRA Administrator with this contact form

2 answers

0 votes
Philip Rittenhouse April 5, 2016

Has anyone found an answer to this question?  I am trying to debug a problem with our local JIRA server but I don't see anything resembling the referral number in our logs.

Thanks,

Phil

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2015

Yes, as it says, send it to the support team.  The number itself doesn't mean very much, it's the actual log that matters.

Akeles
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2015

Thanks Nic smile

I was hoping to know how to trace the log from the referral number so that we can self service the troubleshooting when we get error reports.

My guess is that it is a hash based on the timestamp and thread number, but I don't know how to reverse generate the info.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2015

I suspect something similar, it's some form of hash that doesn't tell us much, but enables us to tie it to an error report or section of log.

Suggest an answer