Timo Trummer November 19, 2017

Hi guys

I'm having an issue with Jira 7.3.6 and Service Desk 3.5.0. 

Background story is: 

If a user does not have a Jira or Service Desk account, he is directed automatically to the Service Desk customer portal. Now, I made an internal Jira account. But when a user, who does not have jira/service desk account, wants to log into jira, he is automatically directed to the customer portal - so he even does not have a chance to get to the jira login window to log in with that internal account. 

I tried to give user the direct login link (<my_jira_instance_name>/jira/login.jsp) but he is still directed automatically to the customer portal. 

(I have SSO enabled and connected my user directory with AD. )

So the question is - how can I give my user a chance to get to the jira login window, if he does not have a jira account yet? 

Regards
Timo

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2017

It sounds like an issue with your SSO configuration. This is important to fix because without it, if AD goes down, you will not be able to access an internal Jira admin user.

Timo Trummer December 12, 2017

Thanks Boris, I'll try to check our SSO conf.

Suggest an answer