Log approvers to create/send notifcation event

Paul Roorda July 29, 2012

In the worflow, we have the 'field' Approved.
Issues need to be approved by an assignee, before they can be assigned to someone who starts the work on that isse.

I have a modified notification + worflow scheme that does not send an email on every update of the issue, just on a few updates like: Approved, Assignee Changed, Resolved.

Looking at the History of a Ticket, you'll see:

"Name" made changes - "date/time"
Status Open [ 1 ] Approved [ 10001]

when the issue has been approved (where Name is the approver).
(So I'm guessing) that Jira "logs" this info)

I'm trying to use these names/users (we have 2 approval fields in the workflow), so I can run an event on the listener in the workflow, to have Jira mail these Approvers that a ticket has been closed.
Of cos, I liek to have this done, where no user intervention is needed.

Anyone a suggestion on how I can accomplish this?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2012
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2012

Those names are stored in custom fields I guess? If so, just read then using issue.getCustomFieldValue and then use it.

Paul Roorda July 29, 2012

I know how to add the listener + event to put it in the workflow, so when a step in the isse is reached, the email will be send.
Whatt I'm after, is: How do I get those names of those approvers, so I can use this there?

Suggest an answer