Log Work screen not available in JIRA 4.2.2

AL September 18, 2012

Hello,

I am attempting to get the Log Work screen available for one of our projects in JIRA but I am not having any luck. I have set the Work on Issues permission for the group that needs the Log Work screen but the Log Work menu item is not displaying. Is there anything else I need to do to get this to work? The help documentation indicates that should be the only thing we need to do. We are running version 4.2.2-b589.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2012

Ah, have you enabled work logging and timetracking in the general settings? (I don't actually know that you need the timetracking enabled, but you might)

AL September 19, 2012

Time tracking is enabled. Does work logging also need to be enabled? I couldn't see an option for that in the general settings.

AL September 19, 2012

For Work on Issues and Edit Own Worklogs permissions in the Time Tracking Permissions section I have a global group called IT_Change_Creators and a project role called Engineer that have that permission. I have added myself to both the role and the group and don't see the menu item.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2012

Hmm, I got that the wrong way around. Timetracking is a global option, and you need it enabled for work logs to appear.

You then need the "log work" permission, as you've already said, but there's no global switch, it's just the permission scheme.

So, it must be the permissions - what exactly do you have in the permission scheme for that project?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2012

Hmm, well, I'm rather stuck then, you've got everything right.

I can't think if it would help, but can you screen-shot the menu (expanded, so we can see where it should be?)

AL September 19, 2012

This is the way it currently looks. From the documentation, I thought the Log Work should show up in the More Actions menu item.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2012

Yep, I totally agree, it should be somewhere n that list.

Idle question - do you have it working on any other projects? If you do, then we can start looking at the differences between them - workflow etc.

Also, can you check the log file for errors, and if you've got any system plugins showing problems (in the plugins page under admin)

AL September 19, 2012

We do have a project where it is working on, I just found out. I will compare between the 2 projects and hopefully figure out what my issue is. Thanks for the suggestion.

Suggest an answer