Log Work on specific time of day

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

I am looking for a way to log work on a specific time of the day. For example: "I worked 1 hour between 8AM and 9AM".

This is important for billing the customer based on night / day hours.

Any ideas? Doesn't look possible with Tempo Timehseets which I am trying out at the moment 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2016

I assume the fact that JIRA actually logs the time and date when the user logs their time is insufficient for your needs? This would certainly be the case if the user does not log their time in a timely manner, e.g. they log their daytime hours worked in the evening which result in over-billing. However, if the user logs their time in real-time then it might meet your needs?

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2016

indeed, that's not enough. Main problem is getting a proper report of those logged times.

Apparently Tempo Timesheets can do it but it only shows the start hour + amount of time. I would prefer start and end hour.

Another plugin called ictime also collects the time span.

I will evaluate both to see what fits my needs best.

Thanks for your reply!

Suggest an answer