Log Work Menu Item Missing

TSM Admin March 10, 2014

The "Log Work" menu item is missing from the "More" menu when viewing an issue. The "Log Work" field shows up fine on the issue Edit screen.

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

Probably the time tracking field is not visible for this issue and you have to make it visible in the corresponding Field Configuration Scheme.

To track down the exact problem :

1. Open the issue
  2. From the Admin Button menu choose "Where is my field"
  3. Type "Time Tracking"

This will display possible reasons for Log Work not visible

TSM Admin March 12, 2014

I didn't realize that I actually needed the Time Tracking field and not Log Work on the issue for the menu items to show up. I swapped them and it's working as intended.

Like mpedzimaz likes this
1 vote
Timo Gronwald January 13, 2016

I also have to state: This was confusing. The Time Tracking field is needed in Administration - Issues - View Field Configurations and your used Field Configuration. Enable Time Tracking and the "Log Work" menu point will appear. The field "Log Work" is only useful in the screens of your project, meaning, where do you want those time tracking fields to appear additionally (!) to the menu entry. Confusing and not easily solvable if you don't know how.

Suggest an answer