Log Work Menu Item Missing

The "Log Work" menu item is missing from the "More" menu when viewing an issue. The "Log Work" field shows up fine on the issue Edit screen.

2 answers

1 accepted

Probably the time tracking field is not visible for this issue and you have to make it visible in the corresponding Field Configuration Scheme.

To track down the exact problem :

1. Open the issue
  2. From the Admin Button menu choose "Where is my field"
  3. Type "Time Tracking"

This will display possible reasons for Log Work not visible

I didn't realize that I actually needed the Time Tracking field and not Log Work on the issue for the menu items to show up. I swapped them and it's working as intended.

I also have to state: This was confusing. The Time Tracking field is needed in Administration - Issues - View Field Configurations and your used Field Configuration. Enable Time Tracking and the "Log Work" menu point will appear. The field "Log Work" is only useful in the screens of your project, meaning, where do you want those time tracking fields to appear additionally (!) to the menu entry. Confusing and not easily solvable if you don't know how.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

337 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot