'Log Work' Field is not showing up

Alyson Reis June 19, 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm having issues trying to make the native "Log Work" field show up in one of my recent projects. I set the Resolve Issue Screen as the transition screen for the Closed status in my workflow and added the Log Work field to my Field Configuration Scheme as optional (doesn't matter if I choose optional or required, still it doesn't show up sad).

Here goes a few screenshots to help illustrating the situation:

• The following status in my workflow configuration is set to trigger the Resolve Issue Screen when the assignee attempts to close the issue

workflow.PNG

• My field configuration scheme seems to be correctly configured to use the Log work field

fieldConfiguration - Logwork.PNG

• The screen definitely contains the field

resolveIssueScreen.PNG

• Lastly, when triggering the Close status here's what I get

wheresMyField.PNG

I ran out of ideas to solve this one, your help is appreciated!

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2015

Hey Alyson,

Have you checked if your user has the "Work On Issues" permission for this project?

Cheers

Drew Robinson September 14, 2018

Hi Marcus, 

How and where can check this?  I am new to Cloud Jira and also to JIRA administration.

Thanks,

Drew

0 votes
Alyson Reis June 19, 2015

I went through so many settings that I missed the most obvious ones....thanks Nic and Marcus, the user lacked proper permissions to log work on issues...smile

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2015

Does your user have the permission to log work on the issue?  Could you go to the issue view and see if "log work" is an option on the actions menu?

Drew Robinson September 14, 2018

Hi Nic, 

How and where can check this?  I am new to Cloud Jira and also to JIRA administration.

Thanks,

Drew

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2018

Look for the actions menu on the issue, there should be "log work" in it.  If it's not there, then go to the project admin area and look at the permission scheme.

Like Jonatan Garrido likes this

Suggest an answer