Log Work Changes

Joshua Harris December 21, 2016

My users are confused by the default "Log Work" field that I have placed on a screen. All I need is "TIME SPENT" nothing else. How can i hide "Date Started" and "Remaining Estimate". If I removed the "Log Work" field from the screen it remoreves all 3. I do not see "Time Spent" as an available field to add to the screen. 

Any help?

Thank you!  

image2016-12-21 16:6:11.png

2 answers

0 votes
michael stallfus November 14, 2017

I have the same problem.  The enterprise I work with is attempting to integrate Jira with Clarity. The automation will pull the time daily and post to clarity.   I want to record time in Jira but i can not have users post dating work performed as this will screw up clarity.   Is there a way to lock or remove the date field in the work log? 

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2016

That is how the log work functionality works. There's no out-of-the-box way to change or modify it at all. If people are confused then they need training IMO. Not hand-holding.

Joshua Harris December 23, 2016

A feature request or improvement, IMO, s not hand holding. We dont use those other feilds which makes it clutteted and confusing. 

Suggest an answer