Locking certain issues in a JIRA Project

Kshama Sabnis October 1, 2015

Hi,

I want to make certain issues within a JIRA project uneditable. By uneditable I want to lock them completely - No adding/deleting/editing comments or any other fields and no changing status.

Is there a way to do it? 

I tried using "Fix Version" but when you release and archive a version that doesn't make issues in that version uneditable.

I am ready to club these issues which I want to be uneditable in a particular bucket meaning, I can put them in a particular status or assign it to a particular user or create and use any custom field.

I just need a solution or workaround to make particular issues uneditable.

Appreciate any help

Thanks,

Kshama

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2015

You can use the workflow properties. Move the issues in to a special status where editing is disabled. Will that work?

See http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status for some details on how to do it.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2015

You can:

• Remove all transitions on your final status, like if you have Closed (it will not transition to any status)
  • Limit the "Edit" issues in the Permission Scheme to certain group/role only or no one at all.

Suggest an answer