Locked out of Project board

Trent Becker September 15, 2022

Hello!

I am a Jira Admin trying to get into a project board. The owner's of the board no longer are with the company. I could try to sign in with their account, but I feel like there should be a way for me to get to the board without doing that. I found the filter tied to the board and made myself the owner of the filter. However, I still get the error below. I don't see it in the board list either.

"The requested board cannot be viewed because it either does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."

Any help is appreciated!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trent Becker September 15, 2022

To answer my own ticket. I am a fool and I was using the wrong filter. My fault. Thanks for the responses!

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

Hi @Trent Becker 

If you can access the filter then why you want to see the board? Create a new board with that filter :)

But out of curiosity.. you can't see that board on Boards > All Boards?

Look at the log files and see if that user erased that board.

Another option would be to install the User Switcher app as trial, and "login" as that user.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

Hello @Trent Becker ,

Are other users able to view the board?

Are you able to view other boards?

Does the board reference more than one project?

Do you have Browse Project permission on the projects the board references?

Do you have the Administer Projects permission for the projects referenced

Are you using Jira Server or Data Center, and which version?

Suggest an answer