Locked out of Jira projects as an Administrator

We've be tidying up user groups, but left administrator users and other core groups. Just gone to access projects and it says I don't have access to any!! Any ideas how we can gain access again as an administrator to sort out the user groups associated to the project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Dec 29, 2017

Hi Elizabeth,

you have to edit the permission schemes used by your projects. You can do this with the administration console:

http://<your jira url>/secure/admin/ViewPermissionSchemes.jspa

Add the group "jira-administrators" to the permissions "Administer Projects" and "Browse Projects".

Then you should be able to see the projects again.

Phew! Thank you! All sorted :)

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Dec 29, 2017

You're welcome, @Elizabeth Batley

If you think, your question is well answered, please check it as answered with the checkmark.

Users with similar problems may find answered question more easy with such a marker.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,789 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot