Locked home directory but Terminal says "No such file or directory"?

Kelly Dassing May 28, 2012

Trying to reboot JIRA from our Mac server, it keeps coming up with a "locked home directory" error. When we try to remove it with the rm .jira-home.lock command suggested on the FAQ page, Terminal says that "no such file or directory" exists. What's going on and what can we do?

2 answers

0 votes
Doug Bass January 31, 2013

The definition of the home directory is in a file in the {jira-install}/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes folder. The file name has chanaged depending on your jira version.

What version are you running?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2012

My best guess is that you've entered a different default home directory to the standard/default one mentioned in the documentation. You'll need to find the home directory and clear the lock file out.

Kelly Dassing May 29, 2012

Thanks, Nic! Any advice on how I could find out what the existing home directory is named?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2012

As you can't start Jira, no, because you can't get to any of the screens that would get you a hint.

You'll need to read the logs for the application. They should be somewhere around the startup/stop scripts that you're running, but I can't guarantee that! You may have to resort to a full file system search!

Suggest an answer