Locked field on Screen

Paul Regan April 6, 2017

creating a new project and I am getting an error that the field 'Account' is required when i try and create an issue.

Thats a locked custom field from one of the plugins (I assume) but its not on the screen I have configured, nor that i can find linked with this new project.  If I add the field things work fine.

Have checked the Screen scheme and issuetype schemes, which are both new and unique to this project.

Feels like I've missed a default config but have crawled all over this config with no joy.

2 answers

0 votes
Paul Regan April 10, 2017

To follow up on this .. I found the issue.  A tempo (plugin) set default fields across all field configs.

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/ACCOUNTS/Accounts+configuration

resolved .. 

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

Hi Paul,

The first place to check is the Field Configuration for the Issue Type in the project.

Next, check for a validator, on the initial "Create" step, in your workflow.

1. Open your workflow
  2. Choose the "Text" display mode ("Diagram" mode also works, but my screenshot example shows "Text" mode.)
  3. Click on the very first item in the "Step Name (id)".  Ex:  In my workflow, the first step is named "Open."
  4. Click on the "Create" option.  (See screenshot.)
  5. Check the "Validators" tab for any required fields

I hope this solves it!  If not, enter some additional details and the community will try to assist again.  :)

create-workflow.png

Suggest an answer