Locating the inconsistent issue in Lucene

Markos Stefanou November 14, 2017

After doing the Lucene check I keep ending up with this result, is there a way to locate this 1 inconsistent issue?

Thank you
Lucene.PNG

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

Have you read the "how can I resolve this?" link?

Markos Stefanou November 14, 2017

Yes but the suggestions lead us to a dead end :)

Can I somehow do a custom search if there is a log file of these results?

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

Wasn't this something to do with when you create a remote issue link the DB is updated but the issue is not reindexed? So it was a false positive error IIRC

Markos Stefanou November 15, 2017

So, if I understand correctly, we practically need to locate the broken workflow linked with that issue somewhere and add this post function "Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database." ? Am I misunderstanding something, or is there a way to figure out which issue has to do with the inconsistency?

Markos Stefanou November 16, 2017

Last night the number of inconsistent issues grew to 52 and keeps rising. We are failing to see a pattern to locate the problematic workflow or whatever is that's causing this.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

We had the same issue when we added our custom code to Jira which threw NullPointerException(NPE). In this case the reindexing did not take place and lucene index was inconsistent. Maybe it is your case as well, look for NPE in the atlassian-jira.log.

Actually this situation could be caused by any unhandled exception in a custom code which try to create or modify issue. 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

Also you can limit the problem at least to the project level,  if you do reindexing of a project and have a look If inconsistency disappeared.

Markos Stefanou November 16, 2017

Thank you, we are following your suggestion, let's see what we'll weed out.