Localhost and JIRA

Shree Vidhya Meiyappan August 26, 2019

1. I have configured "localhost:8080" in the Dbconfig.xml and server.xml to connect with JIRA. Currently the when i try to access jira, i am unable to connect to the localhost. 

2. The JIRA was working previously, i have configured the workflow, screen etc. I have to make more than 40 people to use this JIRA for defect tracking. Can you please tell me how to do it. Also some people from Onsite (Japan) should use this. I am unable to configure this option. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

I am a little bit stuck on what you have done in question 1.  I think you might be misunderstanding how "localhost" works.  It always means "the machine I am on now".  Localhost on a server means "this server", localhost on your laptop means "this laptop", and so-on.

dbconfig.xml is a file that configures the Jira server's connection to its database.  This might contain "localhost" if, and only if, the database server is on the same machine as the Jira server.  The port is also probably wrong, most databases default to other ports, leaving 8080 for "web services".  I have similar questions about the use of localhost in server.xml.

I think you'll need to put these files back the way you found them, as you say it worked before you started adding localhost to them.  Then have a look at the reasons why you put localhost in them - what were you trying to do?

Suggest an answer