Loading times of JiraOnDemand are an average of 5 seconds. That is too long!

Volker Zidek July 25, 2013

Sorry when this question asked not for the first time - so far I could not find a solution.

Im in Germany stuttgart, im very hot for to use jira
currently i use youtrack - also not bad, but i would prefer jira, when the pageloading come much more quick!
Is there a way to increase the loadingtimes?

Thx a lot for any Tips!

zidol

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2013

Hi, OnDemand JIRA is hosted in a more central USA location that might not be optimized for Europe. Try to work with Atlassian support to see what they can do.

Otherwise, if you need European based JIRA hosting, contact us @ https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php and we can provide a custom quote. We provide hosting solutions of Atlassian products (the downloadable version), but managed by us.

Volker Zidek July 27, 2013

thx Harry!

im going to ask the support for a solution but i dont see a big hope

i will check out whats for me its the right

anyway - your offer is attractive!

Currently in my youtrack a have a lot of projects with a lot of comments...
i try to import in jira -> i tried for 2 day's and it was like a trip through hell!
I have rarely seen such bad forms -> really very stupid forms!!

without a joke -> i think jira is killer -> really the hot shit for its purpose
but now im so disapointed about the performance and the importfeature
form "youtrack"
otherwise the import from jira to yourtrack made so smooth and easy ...

thx n bye

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2013

Import can be a hassle in any system - compatibilities and trying to get things aligned smoothly. A lot of times and expert is required to go in and fix a lot of things even. Even Atlassian to Atlassian imports sometimes have problems.

Imports / system conversions are always big projects. It's usually once off though. It might be worth the benefits to you. Not sure.

Anyway, hope it all works out for you!

0 votes
Volker Zidek August 12, 2013

heyho Harry - yess you are for sure right, it's a big trick to get such a complex informationarchitecture from systemenvironment A to systemenvironment B.
But regardless of whether the ultimate purpose more or less complex ends, I have rarely seen such a poor implementation of just the basic of the online forms.

Imagine that you want to book a flight where you give yourself much effort to enter all data correctly and conscientiously ... then you click on "next step" and just because you did a little mistake eg like chosen a wrong salutation or anyway whatever -> all your hard collected informations get lost into the nowhere. >> no sessionhandling for such a huge difficult Form is really annoyed.
But not only that The whole process was really from a to z stupefying unintelligent.

Furthermore -> the contentstructure or rather the fielddefinitions(fieldlabels) from youtrack to jira and probably for the most issuetrackers, at least for the corevalues like 'issueId', 'project', 'assigned to', ..., are so similary, so clearly (over 50% the same fieldlabels) that it would be really very simple to give a defaultvalue and even if only at the homonymous fieldlabels.... and else and else ..

the 2 days that I donated for the data acquisition was really really wasted for nothing and im sure i'm not the only one.
i'm sure, in case that the forms aren't so stupid, i would spended just a one-fifth of the time - and maybe i would now use jira instead of youtrack.
okay probably not, if the system weren't so incredibly slow!

jira for me still a increasingly serious system in case that the importform not so progressiv stupid and when Atlassian would spend some powerful servers for the europe customers in europe.

im really sorry for this hard opinion -> youtrack is also not perfect, but just compare these things (importprocess and especialy workflowspeed)

Suggest an answer