Loading JIRA data into PowerBI desktop

Hi,

I am trying to load JIRA data into Power BI desktop but its trowing an error, as I have on-premise link not a cloud link that is why I can not connect JIRA data through PowerBI content pack.

So if any one come across the same issue of loading JIRA data into power bi desktop then please share your thoughts.

2 answers

0 vote

Hi Pankaj,

This blog post mentions JIRA Server and Cloud, so it seems that it should work. Could you let us know what error it is that you're getting? Do you have a screenshot of the message?

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Hi Shannon,

I am trying below link

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=e7e2c1cd5556023f&id=E7E2C1CD5556023F%21116639&authkey=!AH4_6OHXy6siE74

for my URL to have JIRA data into power bi desktop but after populating URL once I click on Load button then its showing me error...

Scrren Capture.PNG

Error.PNG

and moreover its not loading any data into it only showing blank template.

So is there any other way to extract data out of JIRA for Power BI charts/reports?

Hi Shannon,

If the above details is confusing then you can go through the below error message which I am getting while connecting JIRA data with power bi

I'm using an on premise version of Jira. After following the instructions given here I'm getting the following error after refresh:

"OLE DB or ODBC error:[Datasource.Error] Web contents failed to get contents from 'http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx//rest/api/2/search?

maxResults=500&startAT=0' (404):not found."

The fields are there but none of the data. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Pankaj,

Thank you for that. I'm not familiar with PowerBI but the error seems to be coming from PowerBI and not Jira. I found many posts in the Power BI community page with this error, specifically this one mentions Jira as well:

Error: We found extra characters at the end of JSON...

Have you been in contact with Power BI about this? Perhaps they have a solution or a suggestion for you?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Shannon,

You are correct!! the issue was from Power BI side not from JIRA so I successfully managed it.

Thanks for your time and support.

Regards,

Pankaj

0 vote

Can PowerBI import Excel files?

If so, then you could export JIRA data to export with the Better Excel Plugin.

Thanks for the suggestion Aron.

Using "Better Excel Plugins" I can do that but what about data refresh?

I have to do it manually every time whenever new data comes or else I have to be dependent on more plugins for these functionality to work.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

688 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you