Live Monitoring with JMX

collene February 12, 2018

I've enabled JMX monitoring in Jira using these instructions:  Live monitoring using the JMX interface

However, when I connect and view the MBeans tab, the only item I see under com.atlassian.jira is "BasicDataSource".  I don't see the other metrics as listed on the above page.  I made sure that JMX monitoring was enabled via the administrator interface.

Did I miss something in the configuration, or am I looking for the metrics in the wrong place?

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2018

Hi,

• Which option are you choosing under Local Process?

I just went through the steps as described in the article and did not run into this issue.  Can you please provide a screenshot showing the options under Local Process:

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 12.09.54 PM.png

Next please show a screenshot of and the MBeans tab's options.

Cheers,

Branden

collene February 12, 2018

I'm not connecting via local process, but via remote.

collene February 13, 2018

Here's a screenshot of the MBeans tab once I've connected (below).  The only choice for MBeans under com.atlassian.jira is BasicDataSource.  Am I looking in the wrong place for the metrics discussed in the article?

foratlassianforums.png

Konstantin Terentyev September 20, 2018

I have the same issue. Jira version is 7.7.2. JMX remote connection with control rights

Rob Jahn
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 25, 2019

I have the same issue.  Are there any suggested things to try?

Suggest an answer