Listener is not firing comment event when issue is updated from jira Edit screen. Any workaround?

ohmkaar kambhampati
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

Hi All,

I have an Issue Listener implemented as a type2 plugin.

Inside Jira, If i comment& update an issue using issue edit screen, this listener fires issue updated but not commented.

If i comment & update an issue using issue resolve screen, this listener fires issue updated as wellas issue commented.

Could we have any work around here so that I could handle both comment and update in issue edit screen?

5 answers

0 votes
ohmkaar kambhampati
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

Hi Timothy,

Didnt quite get you here. Can you help me out..

"you must make sure that it does not trigger an event." How can i ensure that an event is not fired when update happens?.

0 votes
Ankur Dhawan May 15, 2013

Hi Timothy,

Didnt quite get you here. Can you help me out..

"you must make sure that it does not trigger an event." How can i ensure that an event is not fired when update happens?.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

Did you an update to an issue in your listener? If yes, you must make sure that it does not trigger an event.

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 13, 2013

Hi,

JIRA does thrown both events when you enter a comment in the edit screen, however the comment is sent along the Issue Updated event in the IssueEvent object.

You can extract and process it in your event listener.

Tibor

0 votes
ohmkaar kambhampati
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

Thanks Tibor for quick reply.

I did try it. However there is a problem there when i extract comment and process an action in issue updated event.

whats the problem?In Issue resolved screen, both issue comemnted and issue updated events are fired. Now my issue comment action is getting invoked twice!!

Suggest an answer