Listener does not register automatically

Batuhan Kandiran March 13, 2013

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with JIRA 5 plugin that extends AbstractIssueEventListener class and making operation for issueCreated and issueUpdated events.

Formerly, i implemented 3 listener plugins for different purposes. There was no problem for them. When i modified my plugin and raised its version. I will only uninstall plugin and install new one. For 3 of them for initial uploading i registered a new listener into JIRA system registers.

My problem is here; whenever i update my last listener plugin(uninstall old one install new one). If i forgot to register listener again(delete old listener from list, add new listener with same classpath) from Administators -> Listener plugin doesnt work. How it could be possible. My plugin is related to automatic subtask creations and indexing them after updateIssue events..

Could you help me please i am stuck.. Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013
Batuhan Kandiran March 14, 2013

Thank You Jobin. I research the this approach but i am using JIRA 5.1.8 API; InitializingBean and DisposableBean cannot resolve a type so i cannot implement neccessary methods afterPropertiesSet() and destroy(). How should i do in order to get rid of this problem.

Suggest an answer