List the values from the stored customer field values

Hello,

I have created a feature screen to maintain the feature details (name, description) in Jira. To create the relationship between features and user stories thought of listing the feature name in the user story screen. I am struggling to get the solution on how to get the feature names listed. Need help on this.

Please Note:- Epics are created based on product functionality. Features are from Customers, which contains multiple user stories that are tagged to an Epic. So an user story will be tagged to Epic and Feature as well

Regards,

Venkat

1 answer

Hi Venkat,

You could use the component field for your list of features and even if you are already using this for another reason it is not too difficult to replicate its functionality using a customfield of type label. By using a customfield of this type you can then perform any queries you like to see which stories are attached to which feature. You can also use the field to produce reports on dashboards and in quickfilters/swimlanes in your Agile board.

Hope this helps.

Phill

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,755 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot