List of components in the issued with the same fix version

Sona Evanesyan August 13, 2020

Hi , 

We want to start using components. Have multiple projects in a board and give the same fix version to the subject release all projects' issues. Now I need to get list of components that are mentioned in the tasks with fixversion = X . Would really appreciate you help!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Coley Anderson August 13, 2020

Hi there,

you can do a JQL like this

fixVersion = "whatever you named it" AND component is not EMPTY

to see all tickets using components

Sona Evanesyan August 14, 2020

Hi,

Thanks for the answer , unfortunately that is not what we need .We do use JQL for =having tickets with components but I just need lists of components ( not showing duplicaion ) used in projects with fixVersion = " whatever at that moment "

Thanks anyway !

Coley Anderson August 14, 2020

Hi,

If you are using the same fixVersion across all projects, and you want to see a list of components actively in use you can do a two dimensional filter in a dashboard.  I am still not sure if this is what you are asking for, but it would look similar to this. 

• Create the filter -fixVersion = "whatever you named it" AND component is not EMPTY
  • Create a Dashboard and add the 'Two Dimensional Filter Statistics'
  • Use saved filter, XAxis - Project, YAxis - Components
  • Number of results - the max is 50 to display 

It would look like this, give you a list of components and the number of times used in each project. If you click the numbers, it will take you to a list of the tickets.

Example.PNG

Like Erik Muijs likes this
Sona Evanesyan August 14, 2020

Thanks a lot , will try and write here whether I got what was in my mind !

Like Coley Anderson likes this
Sona Evanesyan August 25, 2020

Hi @Coley Anderson ,

It worked , Thanks a lot .

Maybe you can also help me to insert it in a confluence doc like queries with filer , and any option of geting the same info in an editable table. 

Thanks in advance

SE

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events