List of all Members in specific Jira groups

KMcKenzie January 8, 2014

Is there a way to let non "System-Administrators" view/request a list of users belonging to a specific Jira group? However, we do not want to give requesting users elevated access to add/modify group membership.

In our instance Jira uses Crowd for Deligated Authentication, so there might be a way in Crowd to view/receivie this information as well.

Any help/ideas is appreciated!

Thanks,

Kaitlin

2 answers

1 vote
Vivien K (Iltis) November 29, 2018

+1 especially with the new Project Admin extension, at least the Project Admin should be able to see members of a Group to add them to the Project Roles in Administration Section.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

I think you're talking about BROWSE USERS wich is needed to 'popup and search users? It's a global permission you can add groups to have through JIRA > User Management > Global Permissions >Browse Users

KMcKenzie January 8, 2014

Hi Andy, that was the only way I could think of too. The problem with that method is a team lead would have to browse all members of his team indivudally (sometimes there are 50 members) to be sure they have access or select the group but have no way of knowing the members within that group.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

Sounds like some custom support function is needed to expose what you need as a popup/other, integration with existing javascript UI in JIRA is not for the faint hearted!

Max Gittelman March 15, 2018

has this support been provided. The teams that don't have admin priveleges in my company would benefit tremendously if we could simply "view" whose in which groups, because at the moment, admin needs to manually send us updates on who has what priveleges per project team.

Like Dipak Naokar likes this
Cory Beck July 31, 2018

I'm in need of this too. Any ideas from the community? 

AJ Magcale August 14, 2018

+1, non-admin need to see the members of a group. This assist them in selecting the proper group.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer