List all project with open issues

Marc_Van_Cauwenberghe August 21, 2017

Hi,

is it possible to list all projects with open issues.

Can the filter be shown in the 'Browse Projects' tab/screen. You seem to have a 'Manage filters' under the menu 'Issues' but not under 'Projects'

Thanks for any answer.

Marc

4 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

There is no search for projects, JIRA is an issue tracker and hence searches for issues.

You can easily get the list though.  Run a filter for "resolution is empty" to get a list of all open issues.  Save it with a useful name.  Go to your dashboard (you may want to create a new one for this), and add a "filter statistics" gadget.  Tell it to use your saved filter and select "project" as the statistic.

Thanks you for you quick reply

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

"Manage filters" is under issues because JQL is meant for fetching issues and "project" can be one of the columns in the search results with list of issues.

To list all projects with open issues.

I would write a jql 

resolution is empty

This fetches all issues then in the columns fetch the "project" column which gives the project list.  You can also use the filter gadget "filter results" to fetch the JQL results and project column on the dashboard gadget.

0 votes
Divya Yathagiri Venkata October 6, 2017

Related question! Can we get the list of JIRA projects which have no issues?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2017

No, because a search returns issues.  If there are none, there's nothing to search for.

The best you can do is repeat the stuff above to get a list of projects that do have issues, then subtract that from the complete list in Admin -> Projects.

Divya Yathagiri Venkata October 10, 2017

Can I pull it from JIRA DB instead? I have an Oracle SQL Developer installed and I added a connection to JIRA

0 votes

Thanks you for you quick reply

Suggest an answer