List Link Types in search results

Bob Bolandrina April 6, 2021

Is there a way to return the various Link Types used in the results of a JQL?  

Also, why aren't all the Link Types being used listed in the available choices for the  issueLinkType function?

3 answers

1 vote
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2021

@Bob Bolandrina  

I add my voice to Bill , LinkType not with out of the box in jira cloud , I recommend for your trying out JQL Search Extensions  

specially , that part LinkType 

this should be the answer for both your first & second part of your question 

please let me know if you need more clarification 

Regards, 

Adel 

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2021

Hi @Bob Bolandrina  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Is there a way to return the various Link Types used in the results of a JQL?  

Not with out-of-the-box Jira Cloud.  There are probably marketplace add-ons for purchase that can do this.

Also, why aren't all the Link Types being used listed in the available choices for the  issueLinkType function?

Do you mean in the type-ahead search when creating a query?  If so, I do not know for certain and I expect is a performance management issue.  Same thing as when you are typing in field names for JQL building and it does not show all of them at once.

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

Hello @Bob Bolandrina 

For this, use the JQL

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/

issue in linkedIssues(ABC-123,"is duplicated by")

Suggest an answer