Links to JIRA issues don't resolve directly from Office 2013

Brendan Andrews October 8, 2014

I am logged into JIRA Cloud and I already have the issue I'm linking to open in another tab.

I paste the URL to this (or any other issue) into an Office document

Clicking on the issue presents a page which makes it appear as if I'm not logged in, as below:

Perkmission Violation.png

After logging in from this page I see the issue, but it makes it tedious when working from a table of issues in Excel when none of the links work in one click. In all other regards I can access JIRA normally in this browser (Chrome).

1 answer

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2014

Interesting case! smile 

No SSO between your Office 2013 and JIRA Cloud. 
Perhaps you are also running Office 2013 from a cloud Office 365 subscription?

Is this the case?

Brendan Andrews October 8, 2014

Hi Ellen, It is from an Office 365 Subscription, yes.

Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2014

Yah - seems you need an authentication handshake between the cloud systems. Think abt it - makes sense. If you passed around your file, those users need JIRA login to access. Integration is technically possibly but not there yet..

Suggest an answer