Links from Jira --> Confluence suddenly do not work

Matthew Ruesch May 25, 2014

I have a number of links from Jira issues to pages within confluence, and last night all of the links to those particular pages changed to say that none of the users have permissions to view that linked page.

Was there some kind of fix put in last night to Jira or is there some kind of global permission that changed to restrict these links? The strange thing is that when I click on the link it still works (likely because I'm the administrator.)

I've tried re-indexing and checked all of the permissions & page restrictions, and everything is the same as it was before.

The link text within the Jira Issue is as folllows:

"[Page Hyperlink] You do not have permission to view this page"

13 answers

0 votes
Gesner Herard, Jr. February 17, 2015

How was issue resolved?  I have had this issue for last year or so expecting the latest versions of JIRA and Confluence to resolve it.  I am NOT using ON Demand and my versions of JIRA / Confluence are 6.3.14 and 5.7, resp.

I've perused all the Issues marked as "Resolved", but have yet to see a resolution.

Note: I have re-applied the application links several times, but to no avail.

Any help on what magic bullet I may be missing to resolve this issue would be appreciate.

Never mind finally found fix here after being pointed to indirectly while writing support ticket.: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/You+do+not+have+permission+to+view+this+page+when+linking+a+Confluence+page+in+a+JIRA+issue Basically, I had to configure Oath in the Application Link rather than Trusted Applications and I also found that we needed to use 2-legged authentication

In "Outgoing Authentication" while on Jira side of Application Links.

0 votes
tim messink August 10, 2014

I am having this issue

I add a jira ticket id to a conflunce document, and it shows up the issue links section as

[page link] You do not have permission to view this page

conflunce page is setup with zero restrictions..

0 votes
Matthew Ruesch June 21, 2014
Issue is resolved
Mike October 3, 2014

What was the resultion?

0 votes
Laurent Dormoy June 5, 2014

Hi,

We also have the same problem for our Confluence and Fisheye links inside JIRA:

- the first time I browse an issue, all link are displayed fine: I can also clock them

- if I use the link and refresh the issue page in my browser, the confluence link is still working but has the "You do not have permission to view this page" title. The fisheye commit links are completely broken and cannot be displayed at all

We use JIRA v6.2.5. Confluence v5.5.2 and Fisheye v3.4.4

0 votes
Dafydd May 29, 2014

I have the same problem using OnDemand, it started happening about the same time as the reporter.

0 votes
Dafydd May 29, 2014

I'm also having this problem, it started happening at about the same time reported by the asker.

This may be a manifestation of CONF-33783, I suggest you (and I) watch that issue and vote for it to be fixed.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2014

So you're using an JIRA on-demand. You need to raise a ticket here https://support.atlassian.com

We can't support you on that. I'm sorry.

Regards,

Fabio

Dafydd May 29, 2014

Support tickets are individual to the customer, I would think that if multiple people are having this issue with OnDemand it would be good to make Atlassian aware on this shared forum?

0 votes
Ramon Donnell May 27, 2014

I have the same problem using OnDemand.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2014

Please, could you check if you well setup Trusted Application into the Application Link?

Regrads,

Fabio

Matthew Ruesch May 27, 2014
<th>
Confluence (zonebreak.atlassian.net) system link system link Confluence system links cannot be edited

This is what is listed in the application links. This link to confluence cannot be edited.

0 votes

What is also strange is that when I view an issue from the "Recently Viewed Issues" link, the confluence links show up properly. Then when I refresh the issue page, or load the issue by clicking directly on the issue from link in a list, the confluence links change to this:

"[Page Hyperlink] You do not have permission to view this page"

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2014

Hello Matthew,

please could you check your Application Link (JIRA2Confluence) ?

Hope this helps,

Fabio

The Jira to Confluence application link is present.

0 votes
Roscoe Dixon May 27, 2014

We have the same issue with our own instance of OnDemand. Overnight it seems all of our Confluence Links from JIRA titles display "You do not have permission to view this page" but the links for myself (Admin) still function.

0 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2014

Any changes are delivered trough updates so unless you are from OnDemand there is no way you will get any changes unless someone with proper access to the application server could apply an upgrade.

Could you check if your application links are preperly configured?

Also what show up in the below logs in the exact moment you try to view an issue:

• <Confluence Home>\logs\atlassian-confluence.log
  • <JIRA Home>\logs\atlassian-jira.log
Thanks and Regards,
David|Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer