Links Hierarchy in Jira Cloud VS Jira Server

Alberto_DeLuca December 12, 2019

When using Jira Server before the "Cloud" version I used to rely a lot on the "Links Hierarchy" feature, as it allowed to get a quick "Where are we" snapshot of the dependencies between different tasks and stories: this seems to be not available by default in Jira Cloud, as it's a paid add-on in market place for Jira Cloud - is there any free alternative for such a basic feature? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2019

@Alberto_DeLuca: there is not a free alternative for this. However there is a less priced alternative available: "Links Explorer Traceability & Hierarchy".

You can probably try this out: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211120/links-explorer-traceability-hierarchy?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Alberto_DeLuca December 12, 2019

Thanks for your feedback, @Deepanshu Natani - I'll see what's possible with this add-on.
I must confess I'm surprised this feature was removed to become a paid component in Jira Cloud: the link info is already inserted by the users - when the info is present it should be no big deal to display it.

Suggest an answer