Linking specific OU with group from AD into Jira. Easy for you ? Care to help

cpf5662 November 27, 2019

Im having a real hard time to do this and i have spent more than my 2 pts working on this . It probably easy for you but not for me and our organisation to configure. So far we are 3 trying to figure out what we are doing wrong. 

I connected our AD into jira with read write access. It was not working really well. We had some problem with the sync between users and jira.

i need to change some config in jira to only pull user i from 4 specifics OU. 

Short story.  

Our AD is from a 2003 Forest upgraded to 2008 R2 Forest and we adding user and many security group every week into it. ( not quite sure if this information matter but incase, you got it.)

This is how look my AD so far.  

compagnyX.local and inside it, there tons of OU with around 40000 employees, security group, local group, scattered all around the OU.

Can you tell me exactly what i need to do to synchronise my new OU called Jira that is  inside CompagnyX OU that contain nothing else than 4 groups into Jira but this time, it need to pull users added into my security group employes instead of our CompagnyX OU.

I used to link my base DN to ou=CompagnyX,dc=CompagnyX,dc=local and i tried to add an additionnal dn but nothing work.I tried ou=jira,ou=CompagnyX , but no chance. I even tried multiple stuffs and nothing seem to work.

Of course, my 3 other group jira-xx are for us and need to be link to jira for the licences. 

P.S. I cannot move a single user from our AD into Employes. My network explain to me that right are stick to user and cannot be move at all. 

Can you help me please. Thanks a lot for the help. 

0 answers

Suggest an answer