Linking issues between instances or other way

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012
Hi, We're using Jira for internal use to manage our development process: tasks, bugs, time tracking etc. We'd like to open our Jira system for our customers, by having another instance of jira for external use (5-20 users/customers). I'd like our support web site to resemble to the atlassian support one. I'd like our customers to be able to open issues (bugs and feature as a start), and I'd like that issue to be connected to our internal jira instance. What do you suggest as the best solution for us in such a case? What would be the best practice in such a case? Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Hi, usually after a customer issue has been submitted, the support staff take a look and see what can be done. If it can be solved at this level, then it's resolved. If it does need to go to the internal JIRA, an issue is created there and linked to the customer issue.

I'd say make sure you have JIRA 5.x and have application links setup so you can link remote issues between the 2 JIRA instances.

However, if you want more automation, you might need some customization.

Suggest an answer