Linking directly to Confluence Space from Agile Sprint fails

Sune Mølgaard September 21, 2014

Adding a page link, I get a list of possible matches from the Confluence instance, which mostly work.

If I select a Space as opposed to a Page, however, the link text will display as "Page failed to load", and clicking the link results in the error page that says that either the resource is non-existant, or I don't have permissions (I do).

Specifically, if I link to the specified "home" page of the Space that fails, I will get a correct link text and will be able to click through to it.

atlassian-confluence.log shows the following, followed by a stack trace:

2014-09-22 14:27:39,526 INFO [http-8190-12] [confluence.rpc.auth.TokenAuthenticationInvocationHandler] invokeAuthenticatedMethod Executing remote API method [ getPage ] as user [ admin ]

2014-09-22 14:27:39,541 ERROR [http-8190-12] [confluence.rpc.auth.TokenAuthenticationInvocationHandler] invokeAuthenticatedMethod Error during invocation of method: getPage

-- url: /rpc/xmlrpc | userName: admin | method: getPage

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.SpaceDescription cannot be cast to com.atlassian.confluence.pages.AbstractPage

JIRA is 6.2.2

Agile is 6.6.0

Confluence is 5.4.4

Best regards,

Sune Mølgaard

1 answer

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

I think there is an issue with you application links likely a proxy setup issue.

I would try to remove and add the application links, but try to do Oath only from both apps, not Trusted or basic from application link incoming and outgoing.

Sune Mølgaard October 2, 2014

Thank you, Mehmet, I don't, however, think that's the issue, since linking directly to the Space Homepage does work, as does linking to any other pages...

Suggest an answer