Linking Jira 5.1 issue to Confluence 3.5.16 page

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2012

I have sucessfully set up Application Link between Jira and Confluence, now I'm testing to see what bonus features that gives me in Jira. I've attempted to link a task to a wiki page, but the GUI can't find any pages or even spaces for that matter...

I'm logged in as an account with full system admin access to both systems, I noticed that I needed this level of access to link this project with my wiki space, which is a little disappointing.

I can link to the page using the URL instead I'm just wondering if I lost any special features. What the benefits of linking spaces to projects and tasks to pages?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2012

Hi, unfortunately this feature of linking to Confluence pages from JIRA 5.x is only available if you are using Confluence 4.x and above. We've tested this ourselves and bumped into a similar problem.

The benefit in this case is that you get to search for the pages you need whilst linking.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2012

Thanks, do you know of any other features that become available when linking a wiki page to a task or a space to a project? This may help my case to upgrade Confluence.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2012

Here is the full blog post that explains all the features with linking between JIRA 5.x and Confluence 4.x http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/02/link-jira-issues-to-confluence-pages-automatically/. See if this helps you decide.

Suggest an answer