Linking JIRA project with Confluence ? My requirement is how to link Users and Groups present in JIRA with Confluence

jyothi donela May 15, 2012

17 answers

0 votes

yes, Iam uploading screenshot for saved Application Name in JIRA with url.

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2012

Hi,

As Mentioned earlier, the above ERROR means that the URL is not recognize by Confluence as a JIRA URL. If the issue is for example, wrong configuration on credential and application name, the ERROR message would be different as it would say something like "Not Authenticated".

Could you please provide me your JIRA screenshot with the URL bar.

Again, I think it would be a great idea to create a support ticket so that I could review all your logs and information confidentially.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes

In JIRA I have setup the Application name and password the same I am giving in Confluence User directories but it is showing the same Crowd Error.My doubt is we can give any Application name in Jira in Users section of JIRA USER SERVER.

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2012

Its configured by you. After you configured the application name and password on JIRA, Confluence will use this name and credential to access JIRA

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2012

As mentioned on the documentation. You don't need to download and install Crowd to connect Confluence to JIRA.

0 votes

Enter the application name and password that Confluence will use when accessing JIRA.

What application name we need to use?Iam not having clarity what the above line specifies.

0 votes

yes , I have created account in support and I iam viewing the link you have posted to me I will try it .Thanks for ur In time response

0 votes

I have gone through the link here we have

Connecting Confluence to JIRA for User Management

Connecting to Crowd or JIRA for User Management

with out crown cant we link up the jira and confluence ?Is necessary to download crown ?

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2012

In order to fix the issue, we would need to ensure that the configuration and the steps necessary which is mentioned here is already done correctly

We highly recommend you to create a support ticket on our support channel, we would be more than happy to help you integrate Confluence with JIRA user management

0 votes

then how to resolve this issue no other way to link jira and confluence.

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2012

Confluence considered JIRA and Crowd user management as the same directory, hence the same ERROR. But basically the reason behind is the same, Confluence does not recognize the provided URL as a valid JIRA/Crowd user management

0 votes

ya iam sending u that screen shot and i also have a doubt, iam linking JIRA to confluence then what is abot Crown User management Service?

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2012

Yes, it is supported with the configuration that you did on the screenshot. However the above screenshot also describe that the configuration is incorrect.

You would need to ensure that JIRA is indeed accessible with the mentioned URL: http://localhost:8080

Could you please provide us the full browser screenshot (URL Bar included) of your JIRA instance

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2012

If your JIRA is running on 4.3 and above, unfortunately there are no other way

0 votes

ya I have checked it the URL is correct .Can u suggest me any other way of linking JIRA users and groups with confluence.

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2012

Hi there,

It seems that the Server URL inputted is incorrect. Could you please double check your configured "JIRA server Base URL".

Hope it helps.
Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes

That means linking between JIRA and confluence couldn't be possible if the version of JIRA is above 4.3 . Iam linking 5.0.2 JIRA version with 4.2 Confluence .Is this support?

Suggest an answer