Linking Confluence pages in Jira is displaying a red lock icon

Kevin Villalobos February 24, 2015

I was wondering if you can help, recently we upgraded our Confluence and Jira intances to  5.6.6 and v6.3.14 respectively.

It was reported when you link Confluece pages in Jira, Jira is displaying a red lock icon instead of the page name. I thought this could be caused by permission restrictions or so, however I did some tests creating a space in Confluence with no permissions at all, I mean even an Anonymous can create/delete pages however Jira is still showing this red lock icon.

We've reindexed both Jira and Confluence, and clean the Plugin-cache in Confluence.

Besides permissions and reindexation, I don't know if you guys have another advice, I don't if the application link might affect this.

Please check the attachments.  linked_pages.png

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

I think you should open an issue at support.atlassian.com. This looks indicative of permissions not coming across the applink. It doesn't recognize you so it assumes you can't see it, hence the image2015-2-24 20:43:41.png icon.

Kevin Villalobos February 25, 2015

Hi Steven, You see, that's what I don't understand: I can click on the link and the Confluence page loads and everything fine, however I'm gonna take your advice and open a ticket in atlassian.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2015

I suspect they are going to have you investigate your applink connection. I've not seen that issue before and I can't find the right words to find it in the Issue Tracker.

Suggest an answer