Linking Confluence and JIRA

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Is it possible to link my on-demand version of Confluence to a download version of JIRA?

Going forward I will have download versions of both linked to each other, however if the above is possible, it will act as a good part solution in the interim.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

I am afraid you won't be able to link an OnDemand instance with a standalone/download version which is considered external. The user management won't be linked as well. For your information even two external OnDemand instances can not be linked together. The only way to get a communication between JIRA and Confluence at the same time is by having one single OnDemand instance with the two apps.

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2013

hmm, now I am confused. The following is an excerpt from the page I linked to above:

"...This guide leads you through a common application links scenario — creating a two-way link between two applications using OAuth authentication (i.e. the applications trust each other and may not share the same set of users). In this guide, you will be linking a JIRA OnDemand site to an installed FishEye server, as well as linking a JIRA project to a FishEye repository. ..."

It does not require users to be the same in the two instances either.

Am I missing something in this article? In my view this is exactly what is requested (but with the slight difference that it is about other applications ;-)

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2013

Thanks for the confirmation - that is what I thought. :-(

Looks like I'll have to make it a big bang approach rather than a double hop.

0 votes
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2013

Hi Steve,

This should be possible according to the AppLink documentation @ Atlassian.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/APPLINKS/Application+Links+Quick+Start+Guide

The described scenario is JIRA OnDemand and installed FishEye but it should be possible to do the same with OnDemand Confluence and installed JIRA.

Look at the article and see if it applies to your need!

Rgrds,

// Svante

Suggest an answer