Linking Confluence and JIRA User Management

Joanne March 8, 2016

We have installed Confluence and want to integrate it with JIRA for quick issue creation and reports in confluence.  I can see from the documentation that we need to setup an application link using OAuth - however, how does this all work with regards user management as I found another document which details 'connecting Confluence to JIRA application for user management' - so do I need to do both the application link and the user group setup so that user's can be maintained only in JIRA? 

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

You will need to setup a User Directory in Confluence that pulls from your JIRA instance (Confluence Administration>User Directories>Add Directory>Atlassian JIRA). That will handle the user synchronization. Then, setting up the OAUTH application link will allow you to link you Confluence spaces to JIRA projects for reporting and issue creation, so yes you will need to do both.

Joanne March 8, 2016

Thanks Zack - one last clarification then when it mentions OAuth 2 legged would work for us with JiRA managing users as it details user base must be identical?

3 votes
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

Dear @Joanne,

check this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/connecting-to-crowd-or-jira-for-user-management-229838465.html.

Scroll down to the JIRA integration section.

Joanne March 8, 2016

Thanks!

Suggest an answer