Linked Issues field with Server selection

Arıl Bozoluk June 10, 2014

Hi there,

I have an application link to another Jira instance. I can create an issue, click More -> Link and then choose server and link with an issue on another instance.

I'm trying to achieve this while creating the issue or in transition to "in progress".

I put the "Linked Issues" field to my issue type creation page but it's only showing issues from the same instance where the issue is created.

Regards

4 answers

1 vote
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2014

Hi Arıl,

This does not sound like expected behavior. Have you tried use Linked Issues while the status is different that "in progress"?

Have you tried checking the Application Links status?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-diagnostics-plugin

Arıl Bozoluk June 16, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to select server while creating the issue, not after creating the issue. After creating the issue I can click More then Link and select issues from other linked servers.

0 votes
Tim Straub October 9, 2019

Hi,

maybe this is too late but I had the same issue with linking issues to a remote server. I was not able to select any remote server.

I figured out it was an issue with the status 'in progress' as mentioned by @Bruna Griebeler . Any other status works as expected.

The workflow was designed to change the status to 'in progress' after creating the issue.

hth.

0 votes
adaman79 August 5, 2014

Hey, any solution for this? I have exactly the same problem / question.

I would like to link issues from a different JIRA-System while creating an issue. Therefor i would like to select the server on the "Linked Issues" field.

0 votes
Arıl Bozoluk June 16, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to select server while creating the issue, not after creating the issue. After creating the issue I can click More then Link and select issues from other linked servers.

Suggest an answer