Linked Issues JQL for Jira Cloud

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2017

I would expect to be able to query linked issues out of box for Jira....to my suprise or lack of understanding I cannot find a way to track linked issues unless i tag them with a label or component. 

The purpose for this is to provide reporting on issues that get linked to a Change Request project that tracks PROD enviroment changes. 

3 answers

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2024
0 votes
Yevgeniy Pinchuk June 26, 2023

We use a 3rd party JQL extension which offers a function linkedissuesfromfilter

So I create a filter 123 to track all CloudOps work, and then create another filter 456 which references the first filter. This will show me anything in my project that is linked to any results in first filter.

Project in (XYZ) AND status not in (Canceled, Cancelled) AND issueLinkType in (blocks, "Blocks Integration Testing") AND issue in linkedIssuesFromFilter(XXXXX) ORDER BY Sprint

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2017

I need it to be a bit more flexible. Since its a daily report I need the JQL to be able to show linked issues from that project somehow.

something like,

Project = X and linkedIssue in Project "Change Request" and Status != Closed

Like # people like this
Rathi Gnanasekaran April 10, 2020

I am also in the same situation I would to know how to query linked issues in a different project and a status as Shawn above. 

Like # people like this
Janek Looschen May 24, 2023

Same for me, does anbody know how this could work?

Yevgeniy Pinchuk June 26, 2023

We use a 3rd party JQL extension which offers a function linkedissuesfromfilter

So I create a filter 123 to track all CloudOps work, and then create another filter 456 which references the first filter. This will show me anything in my project that is linked to any results in first filter.

Project in (XYZ) AND status not in (Canceled, Cancelled) AND issueLinkType in (blocks, "Blocks Integration Testing") AND issue in linkedIssuesFromFilter(XXXXX) ORDER BY Sprint

Suggest an answer