Linked Confluence page still shows you do not have permission to view this page

Jehof December 10, 2013

I have set up Application Links between Jira 6.1 and Confluence 5.3 as descriped in the documentation. The IP Pattern i have left empty. Also using the public IP or 127.0.0.1 does not work.

Confluence uses Jira as User Directory. Remote API (XML-RPC & SOAP) is checked in Confluence. Both instances are running on the same machine and we are using the system by using an public IP.

I can add a Confluence Page by using the Page URL and i can open the page from the JIRA Issue.

But in the Jira issue it is displayed as "You do not have permission to view this page"

Also when i try to search for confluence page, no pages are found and the combobox to select a space always displays "Loading...".

I have checked the Network traffice and i noticed that the call to "/rest/confluenceIssueLink/1/confluence/space?appId=5ba59816-2d6f-352d-b0d6-ce6e9cc5e5b5&_=1386747880239" always returns

{"errorMessages":["OK","java.lang.Exception: com.atlassian.confluence.rpc.NotPermittedException: Anonymous RPC access is disabled on this server"],"errors":{}}

So what have i to do to get it work?

3 answers

1 vote
Cedric DEVAUX June 4, 2014

Hi Jehof,

Do you resolve your problem?

If yes, how?

Thank you

Cedric DEVAUX August 5, 2014

My problem solved since 2 months.

It's due to server base url in tomcat.

tim messink August 12, 2014

Cedric, was the solution that solved your issue differnet than turning on the Anonymous Access to Remote API ?

If so, please shed some light on the matter

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2013

Hi Jehof,

Did you enable the remote api?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Enabling+the+Remote+API

Best regards,

Peter

Jehof December 10, 2013

yes, Remote API (XML-RPC & SOAP) is checked in Confluence.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2013

Hi Jehof,

Did you set up trusted authentication between the two applications?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Setting+Up+Trusted+Communication+between+JIRA+and+Confluence

Best regards,

Peter

Jehof December 10, 2013

I think i have set it up correctly. I can link to Jira Issue from a Confluence page (after i have fixed the URL Patterns). But i will check it again and come back with more information.

Inetum-Realdolmen Admin December 10, 2013

yes you should do that.

Best regards,

Peter

Jehof December 10, 2013

Do I need to turn on "Anonymous Access to Remote API" in Confluence to get it work?

I have checked my settings and verified that i have set up the Two Applications to Trust each other using Trusted Applications

Jehof December 11, 2013

Hi Peter,

with "Anonymous Access to Remote API" turned on, it works, but can you tell me why i need to turn on "Anonymous Access to Remote API" in Confluence? Should it not be enough to make them Trusted Applications and enable "Remote API (XML-RPC & SOAP)". I really don t want to allow "Anonymous Access" to Confluence. Can Jira not provided my current credentials to authenticate for the access

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2013

Hi Jehof,

I'm wondering, did you configure the trusted authentication for both incoming and outgoing links in both JIRA and Confluence?

Could you check this in both applications?

Best regards,

Peter

Jehof December 11, 2013

Yes, i have set it up for both. Do i also need to configure something on OAuth-Tab or Basic Access-Tab?

I have only made changes to the Trusted Applications-Tab

0 votes
Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2014

Ideally you do not ned to enable "Anonymous Access to Remote API". Do you have a proxy on your side? Can you check if the url that you get diverted to is the correct url? Is the base url for both applications : JIRA and Confluence set up correctly?

Suggest an answer