Link the cycles to stories in JIRA

suruchisinha5 September 6, 2017

We would like to link the test cycles to stories in JIRA. Is there any way which we can do that?
Thanks

5 answers

0 votes
Daniel Glynn May 9, 2022

This would be very useful. It would be ideal to be able to pull tests into a cycle and link that cycle to a story.
Since this doesn't seem possible, is there any way to view the progress of testing within a test cycle from a sprint board. So progress can be reviewed during a standup without having to navigate away from the sprint board?
Thanks

0 votes
nupur sharma August 8, 2020

I have same question, can we link test cycles to any story.

I have to link test execution cycle results to story

0 votes
Arun Ravindran September 25, 2017

Hi Suruchi

Thanks for your interest in Zephyr.

As Johannes rightly suggested below is the flow you need to follow for achieving your desired result

Story->Link the Story to your Test Case (using the LINK functionality of Jira)->Add the Test case to the test cycle->Execute the test case.

You can see all the details of the executions in the test case linked to the story

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

0 votes
Johannes September 11, 2017

you only can link testcases with cycles.

ciao Hannes

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2017

Hi Suruchi,

Are you using an add-on for Test Management? For example, Zephyr for JIRA.

Refer to https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZFJ0300/pages/31653925/Planning+Test+Cycles

Cheers

Bhushan

suruchisinha5 September 8, 2017

Yes I am using Zephyr for JIRA, I need to link stories to the test cycles . Not sure if there is a way to view/link the cycles with Stories.

Thanks

Suggest an answer