Link jira issue to crucible review

Jeff Storey April 26, 2012

Is there a shorthand way to reference a crucible review in a jira issue? For example, if I have a crucible project named PROJ, and I want to reference review 1, so PROJ-1from a jira issue. My project name in jira is also PROJ though. Is there a way to do this linkage without putting the full url to the crucible server?

5 answers

0 votes

@Jamie, as a follow-up, I don't even have a Linked Issue field in my view. I have opened a new question for that https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/51105/crucible-linked-jira-issue-field

0 votes

@Jamie, I renamed my project to include CR, that makes sense. I actually didn't fill out the linked jira issue field and happen to mention it in the description, so it does show up in the linked issue. Thanks.

0 votes

@Renjith, you are correct. It does show up under the reviews tabs, thanks.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2012

As a side note, IMHO you should always prefix your crucible projects with CR-, to avoid this problem. Crucible has a field called "linked jira issue", however filling that in does not make it appear in jira (which makes me wonder what the point is). It only shows in jira if it's mentioned in the description.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2012

May be it is the other way, if the Crucible review is linked to this Jira issue, it will be listed under the Reviews tab in the Jira issue.

Suggest an answer