Link from JIRA to Confluence says "You do not have permission" but link still works

Kyle McBard May 30, 2014

Hello-

This is the situation: on a JIRA page, under "Issue Links" > "mentioned in", there is a link to a Confluence page. At first the link appears fine (it's the title of the Confluence page), and I can click on it and am taken to the appropriate Confluence page. If I click "back" in my browser, the link changes to " Page You do not have permission to view this page", and yet if I click on "Page" I am still taken to the same Confluence page just fine.

We would like the link to appear consistently, and not change if a user clicks the "back" button in their browser.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2014

This is an existing bug - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-33783

It has been resolved but not yet deployed to OnDemand instances. I would recommend watching that bug report to stay up to date on any progress.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2014

Hi Kyle,

That's interesting. It might be a bug. Could you inform which versions of Jira and Confluence are you running?

Thanks.

Drazen Rozga June 6, 2014

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Confluence (v5.5 build 5501)

Jira (v6.2.5#6262-sha1:8710e51)

Cheers,

Drazen

Kyle McBard June 16, 2014

Apologies for late response!

JIRA Version 6.3-OD-06-017

I'm unsure how to find what version of Confluence - I tried <Instance URL>/wiki/admin/systeminfo.action but it says I don't have permission (I'm an Admin).

Suggest an answer