Link bamboo builds to JIRA

Deleted user February 3, 2013

Hello!

I wonder, does anybody solve following problem:

• I have a build plan, established in Bamboo. I need to specify in JIRA issue a build, in which issue found and in which it fixed.
  • Using version field is not a good idea, because version is not a build, but something more major. Do you have any concerns about this?
  • Also I need to automatically populate list of versions (or field i will use for this link) with build links wgen build in bamboo is sucessfull.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user February 6, 2013

Atlassian support team confirmed, that there is no way to link bamboo build from JIRA side. You only can link an issue to bamboo build: specify issue in build label.

So, best answer is: write your oun plugin.

Avelino Alicea February 8, 2019

This answer should be updated. This is no longer the accepted answer. There is a direct link now between Bamboo and Jira. Do these questions and answer ever get updated?

Like lubos.valco likes this
0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

This is already an available feature in the JIRA-Bamboo integration. In Bamboo, the build result summary list out all issues linked through commit messages, comments or labels. In JIRA, clicking the builds tab in JIRA issue will list out all builds that referenced that issue key

Deleted user February 5, 2013

Please, read you own previous comment and my replay on it.

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

I guess you are looking for a functionality that could list out all issues automatically fix by the succesfull build and transition does issues to "fixed"?

Deleted user February 5, 2013

No, I'm looking for functionality that could list out all builds in JIRA. I want to be able to specify particular build, where issue is found, while creating issue.

Madhusri September 30, 2020

Hi Sultan,

I am looking for a functionality that i need to get the jira issues  in the build plan automatically once the workflow transitition changed to done state.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events