Link Service Desk to Confluence Knowledge base. All urls are localhost

Ian Miller April 27, 2016

I have JIRA with service and confluence install on the same box called mycompany-JIRA, with JIRA being mycompany-JIRA:8080 and confluence being mycompany-JIRA:8090

When I go to the service desk project administration and go to Knowledge Base, and select the option to link to a confluence space, then my instance will appear in the drop down list, once I select this my workspace will appear in the list.

The base url on the confluence instance is mycompany-JIRA:8090, however when an article come up in the search results on service host it fails as it is trying to connect to localhost:8090 which will only work on the box itselt.

Even the links in the admin page on the service desk such as:

"Authoring

Manage which agents can author knowledge base articles via space permissions."

Are all localhost.

How do I configure the url that it uses to connect to confluence to be mycompany-JIRA:8090?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2016

I've seen this before and I got around it by recreating the application links between JIRA and Confluence. When doing so make sure you specify the correct URLS and not localhost.

Ian Miller April 28, 2016

Re-creating the link worked for me.

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2016

Fantastic.

Gary Siconolfi Jr August 11, 2017

This didn't work for me, am I missing something simple?

I relinked my applications and I'm still seeing this issue. Any suggestions?

MARCELO TRINIDAD December 3, 2018

After change the base url of your confluence, you have to relink (drop and add) the knowledge base in your JIRA project setup

Suggest an answer